On the last day of 2015
On this day, the last day of 2015, I am planning to relax with friends and family, have a few quiet moments of reflection and to raise a glass in toast to all those who should be here, but, for one reason or another, are not here or not with us.
Looking back, It has been a most eventful a year. 2015 was a year of much hectic effort and major events, much stress and many glorious moments. So here is the summation:
Looking back at 2015
On the first day of the year:
- I watched the sun rise over the Angkor Wat.
- Rode an elephant at Angkor Tom.
- Visited several other ancient Khmer temples
- Watched an Aspara dance performance.
- On thid day I also received some that a long time fried of mine has passed away.
- Wrote some prose and some (questionable) poetry
In May I was in Peru,and I watched the sunrise at Machupicchu.
In August, after over 7 years with Unisys I put in my resignation.
In September I started with ASG Group.
Late November and December was a mad race to get work finished off. In all it was five x 60 to 70 hour weeks in a row, followed by a very relaxing trip to Tasmania
On the family front:
- My Father was operated on after badly damaging disks in his lower back.
- My Mother was operated on to remove some cancerous growths form her insides.
- My Brother and his wife bought a town house.
- Lindsay, Kyle and Beth also bought a town house in Banks.Lindsay and Kyle live there with their partners and some house mates.
- I got to renovate the kitchen in the “kids place”. Did a decent job, even if I say so myself.
On the last day of 2015, I got a new phone, set it up, and got it all working, so that I can turn off my old one, as befits the occasion.
In all I am very happy with how 2015 worked out, despite all the stress and drama.
I think that 2016 is shaping up to be just as spectacular and just as good. Perhaps even better in some ways.